Target Group - Staff in Children's Services
• Define what is meant by an attachment
• Recognise how attachments are formed
• Identify and understand different types of attachments
• Discuss how different attachments affect children’s behaviour and development
• Understand the various ways that trauma and abuse may negatively influence attachment, exploring the consequences of challenging behaviours
• Understand how children’s attachment styles can affect care giving and Discuss the importance of a secure base
• Explore the importance of making yourself available when working with attachment behaviours.