Aims and Objectives
This course is accessible by invite only.
Course Aim - To familiarize managers and supervisors with their legal responsibility in respect of their service’s medication administration process
• By the end of the session managers will have discussed the following topics:
• The ‘health and safety’ context of medication administration – Requirements of Health and Safety at Work Etc. Act 1974, Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007.
• The legal concepts of ‘duty of care’ and ‘due diligence’.
• The ‘Plan-Do-Check- Act’ cycle of managerial quality assurance - What needs to be evidenced in the event of an investigation into serious harm.
• What is meant by the term ‘vicarious liability’ – A manager ‘owns’ the mistakes of his / her staff team.
• The leadership / training split.