Aims & Objectives
This course is accessible to all those working within a Domiciliary Care setting, that have completed the HEIW Online Training Session and provided their certification from this as evidence.
The aim of the course:
• To provide course participants (who have completed HEIW online Medication Training) with an understanding of how to safely administer medication and complete a Cwm Taf Morgannwg MAR Chart under the Medicine Support At Home Service (MS@H).
By the end of the session participants will have learned:
• Recap of roles and responsibilities of safely administering medication under the MS@H scheme.
• How to safely administer different formulations of medication and accurately complete a MAR chart to record administration.
• How to accurately check the receipt of a new cycle of medication and annotate the front of a Mar Chart.
• How to Identify any errors/discrepancies and take actions to escalate for a resolution.
• How to document any actions taken to escalate and resolve issues.