Target Group: RCT Adult Services
Aims: This course enables participants to consider the personal cost of working with traumatised people on themselves, their colleagues and the people they manage. It explores the signs and symptoms of vicarious trauma, risk factors to minimise and protective factors to maximise. It is particularly relevant during Covid 19 when levels of trauma are at a peak and many people are working in exceptionally challenging circumstances.
Objectives: By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Describe what vicarious trauma is
- Recognise the main features of vicarious trauma
- Identify risk factors for themselves or others
- Describe how to increase protective factors
- Support somebody more effectively who is experiencing vicarious trauma