Aims & Objectives - Target Group
To provide designated staff with the knowledge and understanding of their roles and responsibilities within Safeguarding to enable them to receive, clarify and refer alerts and manage immediate risks.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of your organisation in the Safeguarding process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of your own role and responsibilities with regards to the Safeguarding process within your organisation.
- Respond appropriately to a Safeguarding alert.
- Clarify information.
- Manage immediate risks.
- Accurately complete an A1 (or PPN for Police officers).
- Identify capacity and consent issues relevant to the Safeguarding process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of your role in gathering information which will assist the decision making process.
- Identify what to do and what not to do with regard to preserving evidence.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the stages of the Safeguarding process and the implications for yourself and / or your agency.
Delegates must have completed Level 2 prior to attending this course
- Social Work staff
- Managers of Older People Residential Services
- Managers of Day Care,
- Managers of Support at Home
- Managers working within Community Services across Cwm Taf Region - internal and commissioned services
- Cwm Taf Health Board
- South Wales Police